So, this is what the first day of twenty-seven feels like, even though twenty-six was 24 hours ago. There’s something about growing older that makes you stop and reflect on the lessons you’ve learned along the way. Life has taught me many lessons, but I’ve decided to share twenty-seven important ones with you.
1. Sometimes the hardest person to be honest with is yourself.
2. We all love in different ways and in different capacities. To one person love may mean lots of affection, and to another it may mean giving them space.
3. A dog will love you unconditionally, love them back just as much.
4. Taking a risk may mean making a complete ass of yourself, but regret is a feeling far worse than embarrassment.
5. True change usually comes in the form of painful life experiences that leave you forever altered. It’s how you handle them that shows who you really are.
6. There’s a huge difference between growing up and aging.
7. You don’t get what you wish for, you get what you work for.
8. Faith is important. No matter what you believe in, faith in something makes you hopeful.
9. Majority of the things we worry about never happens. Let it go!
10. On the hardest of days never give up. Take a moment, breathe and remember it could always be worse.
11. The heart is amazingly resilient and has an immense capacity for love.
12. Spare keys are very important. It cost way more to lock yourself out your car than pay $2 for an extra key.
13. If you have insecurities tell yourself everyday how much you love them. Eventually you’ll start to believe it.
14. The only person you have to prove anything to is yourself.
15. If you’re doing something you love it’s never wasted time.
16. You’re your biggest critic.
17. Romance on screen is completely different than romance in real life.
18. Don’t say yes when you really want to say no. Trust me, it’s far worse to agree to something you don’t really want to do.
19. Time is valuable. Don’t waste yours on people who aren’t timeless.
20. Laughter makes everything seem better. But that gut wrenching laughter is what makes it bearable.
21. Don’t waste your time fighting for people who wouldn’t fight for you (friendships, relationships).
22. Forever doesn’t exist and that’s okay.
23. Your first heartbreak won’t literally break you.
24. If it’s to good to be true then it isn’t true.
25. Social Media doesn’t validate a relationship.
26. Never think you’re the exception. It may seem that way, but it’s not.
27. Life is to short to sit around worrying about what others think about you. Live it the way you want and make it count.